Sunday, October 14, 2007

What am I doing? My Vinious Mission ...

So I am on a mission ... to know Burgundy by taste. I want to recognize place in the Burgundies I drink. Someday I would like the skill to recognize them blind but I'll start by cataloging them into my palates memory with repeated experiences. Since I am not descended from a Noble Family with a fully stocked wine cellar this requires that I pick these off from on-line auctions and other retail sources.

It also requires that I take the full tour ... Village by Village, Vintage by Vintage and all the Producers I can afford. I intend to stop at all levels (Villages, 1er & Grand Cru) until I know this pat. I want to be able to taste these wines Blind and reliably call out Village, Vineyard, Vintage and Producer. It's going to take a while ... better get started.

No comments: